The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is a seven-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Primary Care Site Director, Petaluma (MD/DO)
The Primary Care Site Director, Petaluma ensures timely access to high quality primary medical care for the Petaluma patient population by providing administrative oversight for clinical quality, clinical risk management, resource utilization and productivity, recruitment, credentialing, and retention of Petaluma primary care providers.
Areas of Responsibility:
Clinical (20-24 hours per week):
- Provides for the diagnosis and treatment of health center patients within the scope of his/her license to practice medicine for a specified panel of patients
- Provides back-up for Advanced Practice Clinicians on site, or by phone during the day or after hours
Administrative Duties (12-16 hours per week):
- Ensures Access to Primary Care for the Petaluma site:
- Collaborates with Team Directors and Operations team to ensure adequate staffing of primary care services
- Collaborates with Operations team to ensuring adequate utilization of primary care services
- Collaborates with Team Directors and providers to ensure optimal productivity by primary care providers, and work plans to achieve optimal productivity
- Provides administrative oversight for clinical quality improvement and risk management mitigation:
- Clinical Quality - Overseeing primary care clinical quality goals for site
- Clinical Risk Management for primary care at site
- Provides administrative oversight for provider performance, credentialing, recruitment and engagement:
- Credentialing - peer review process and performance evaluations of providers
- Assisting with recruitment and retention through engagement
- Supervises Petaluma Associate Medical, Associate Clinical Directors through goal setting, coaching and mentoring to promote optimal scheduling, ensure adequate productivity, and complete performance, peer and competency evaluations
- Conducts monthly Petaluma Provider meetings and participates in the following site specific meetings: Risk management, Quality Improvement
- Assists the CMO as assigned in the implementation of new programs and services related to the Petaluma site