The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
As a Primary Care Site Director, you’ll get the chance to work in a team based environment that is integrated with behavioral health and specialty services. In addition to leadership responsibilities, you'll also have your own patient panel, fully supported by Certified Medical Assistants, Referral Specialists and RN’s. Our providers practice across the full spectrum of family medicine.
You will get the chance to mentor/teach medical students who rotate through the clinic and participate in The Center for Education in Community Medicine and our NP/PA Residency Program.
Petaluma Health Center has two large clinics - one located in Petaluma and another located in Rohnert Park. Our scope of services include: Family Medicine, Maternity, Behavioral & Mental Health, Wellness, Optometry, Dental and Specialty Services.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Petaluma Health Center is located in Petaluma, CA, about one hour north of San Francisco. We have two clinics, one located in Petaluma and another in the city of Rohnert Park. We offer our providers the opportunity to practice a full scope or partial scope of family medicine and primary care. We offer flexible schedules, loan repayment, a full suite of benefits and competitive salaries.
Position Title: Primary Care Site Director, Petaluma (MD/DO)
The Primary Care Site Director, Petaluma ensures timely access to high quality primary medical care for the Petaluma patient population by providing administrative oversight for clinical quality, clinical risk management, resource utilization and productivity, recruitment, credentialing, and retention of Petaluma primary care providers.
Areas of Responsibility:
Clinical (20-24 hours per week):
- Provides for the diagnosis and treatment of health center patients within the scope of his/her license to practice medicine for a specified panel of patients
- Provides back-up for Advanced Practice Clinicians on site, or by phone during the day or after hours
Administrative Duties (12-16 hours per week):
- Ensures Access to Primary Care for the Petaluma site:
- Collaborates with Team Directors and Operations team to ensure adequate staffing of primary care services
- Collaborates with Operations team to ensuring adequate utilization of primary care services
- Collaborates with Team Directors and providers to ensure optimal productivity by primary care providers, and work plans to achieve optimal productivity
- Provides administrative oversight for clinical quality improvement and risk management mitigation:
- Clinical Quality - Overseeing primary care clinical quality goals for site
- Clinical Risk Management for primary care at site
- Provides administrative oversight for provider performance, credentialing, recruitment and engagement:
- Credentialing - peer review process and performance evaluations of providers
- Assisting with recruitment and retention through engagement
- Supervises Petaluma Associate Medical, Associate Clinical Directors through goal setting, coaching and mentoring to promote optimal scheduling, ensure adequate productivity, and complete performance, peer and competency evaluations
- Conducts monthly Petaluma Provider meetings and participates in the following site specific meetings: Risk management, Quality Improvement
- Assists the CMO as assigned in the implementation of new programs and services related to the Petaluma site