The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
Interested in Student Loan Repayment? Are you an NHSC Scholar? Apply quickly - We have a favorable score of 19 for Primary Care!
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Family Medicine Physician MD/DO Float Provider - Could be regular with benefits or per diem for the summer.
Summary: The Family Medicine Physician - Float Provider will provide quality primary medical care in a compassionate and caring environment and work as an integral part of the Medical staff. The Float Provider will perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to after-hours call, weekend clinics, supervision of PA/NP staff, and assignment to outside locations within PHC federal scope such as school based clinics and skilled nursing facilities.
**This position could be a 3-month, 24 hour a week, summer coverage position or this position could be longer, one year or more, covering staff providers who are on paid time off. Part time pro-rated benefits eligible for the right schedule.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Take appropriate history, perform physical examination of patients, order pertinent diagnostics and implement appropriate therapy in the outpatient setting according to standard medical practice and in accordance with AAFP guidelines for patients of PHC providers that are on Paid Time Off.
- Provide coverage of all non-visit patient care activities such as lab and test review and reporting, document and referrals review and reporting, and any other non-visit patient care needs for the patients of providers that are on Paid Time Off.
- Obtain appropriate consults when problems presented are outside scope of practice or when unfamiliar with a particular aspect of the patient’s care
- Communicate effectively with the patient throughout the physician patient relationship, provide appropriate patient education, and demonstrate respect for the culturally determined needs of patients
- Show consistent and determined intent to be competent, meeting or exceeding the community standard of care
- Demonstrate competent knowledge in delivering health care to patients through peer review as established through the medical staff bylaws, recommendations of each licensing Board, and clinic Quality improvement Program. Participates in the peer Contribution, considering carefully the opinions of colleagues
- Cooperate with the rest of the medical staff in assuring after hours and Saturday and evening hour’s coverage for the clinic patients
- Supervise PA’s and FNP’s according to the standardized procedures agreed upon which defines their scope of practice while complying with all federal and state regulations and codes
- Support and contribute in a positive manner clinic efforts to maintain and improve patient satisfaction in all aspects of health delivery
- Work at maximum potential to meet productivity requirements in order to improve patient access and fiscal viability while maintaining quality medical care
- Meet all time commitments by arriving on time to the clinic and working entire shift or more as needed
- Responsible for maintaining credentials by keeping all required licenses current, including but not limited to California Medical License, DEA licenses, CME hours, CPR Certifications and any other required licenses. It is the responsibility of the physician to give Human Resources current credentials before old credentials expire
- Willingly performs other duties within the scope of practice as assigned