The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is a seven-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of "2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay" by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Title: Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) – Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred – but not mandatory – Full Time Position with Full Time Benefits – Option to work a 4/10 work week – 4 days a week – 10 hours each day.
Position Summary: The Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) performs a variety of dental assistant duties while promoting a safe and clean environment, while striving for quality dental care. Registered Dental Assistant duties include but are not limited to assisting our Staff Dentists and educating patients on dental care. The Registered Dental Assistant will interact with patients; maintain equipment and inventory; clean, sterilize and package instruments while following standard precautions, OSHA requirements and dental board auxiliaries’ regulations. Petaluma Health Center RDAs work on behalf of the patient and the dentist and strive to maintain a high level of professional excellence in oral health care delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exposes and processes dental radiographs (x-rays).
- Assists the Staff Dentist during a variety of examinations and treatment procedures such as instrument transfer, dental procedure isolation techniques and preparation of dental materials.
- Prepares treatment rooms, instruments and cassettes for procedures.
- Greets and prepares patients for treatment.
- Records medical and dental history and vital signs of patients.
- Records visit information in the electronic patient record system (Dentrix).
- Pours, trims and polishes study casts; fabricates custom impression trays from preliminary impressions; cleans and polishes removable appliances and fabricates temporary restorations.
- Serves as an infection control officer, follows infection control protocols and sterilizes and disinfects instruments and equipment.
- Helps patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Provides patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling).
- Teaches patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (e.g. tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling).
- Uses motivational interviewing and CARIES risk assessment tools.
- Provides patient education, nutritional counseling and helps patient set oral health goals.
- Assists patients with referrals and follow up appointments.
- Presents treatment plans to patients.
- Takes impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts (models of teeth).
- Communicates with patients and suppliers (e.g. scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, ordering supplies).
- Helps provide direct patient care in all dental specialties, including orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, endodontics, periodontics and oral surgery.
- Prepares and maintains dental instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Coordinates lab cases with different labs; assures timely pickup and delivery of cases. Keeps the lab area clean and organized. Tracks cases and communicates scheduling needs to the Patient Care Coordinator.
- Involved with prevention and management of dental medical emergencies.
- Participates in the achievement of patient satisfaction and office production goals by working efficiently and providing a high level of patient service.