Experience and Skills:
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide comprehensive primary care to all patients in accordance to standardized procedures and protocols.
- Provide age appropriate health education and counseling services to all patients.
- Provide assistance, referrals and education concerning various funding payment information available in the community.
- Participates in MAA Coordination and Claims administration.
- Accurately documents all encounters and services including, medical history, physical exams, immunizations and injections, lab tests, radiology and other studies.
- Provide follow up as needed.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Sensitivity to the needs and situations of a multi-cultural population from a variety of income levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Participation in quality improvement activities and meetings.
- Demonstrated clinical skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing school.
- Two + years providing primary care in a family practice setting or one year of NP residency experience required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current CA RN License
- Current CA certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Practitioner
Bilingual in English and Spanish, both written and verbal preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to recognize problems, collect data, and establish facts.
Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Use of a web browser.
Electronic Medical Records.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit ergonomically correct; use hands to finger, handle or feel to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Petaluma Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly through our career page at www.phealthcenter.org or email Karline DeShane at firstname.lastname@example.org