The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
As a Physician Assistant, you’ll get the chance to work in a team based environment that is integrated with behavioral health and specialty services. You’ll have your own patient panel targeting between 18 and 22 patients a day, fully supported by Certified Medical Assistants, Referral Specialists and RN’s. Our providers practice across the full spectrum of family medicine.
You will get the chance to mentor/teach medical students who rotate through the clinic and participate in The Center for Education in Community Medicine and our NP/PA Residency Program.
Petaluma Health Center has two large clinics - one located in Petaluma and another located in Rohnert Park. Our scope of services include: Family Medicine, Maternity, Behavioral & Mental Health, Wellness, Optometry, Dental and Specialty Services.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Petaluma Health Center is located in Petaluma, CA, about one hour north of San Francisco. We have two clinics, one located in Petaluma and another in the city of Rohnert Park. We offer our providers the opportunity to practice a full scope or partial scope of family medicine and primary care. We offer flexible schedules, loan repayment, a full suite of benefits and competitive salaries. Come live the dream in Northern California.
As a Physician Assistant you will provide primary care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients in our community. You will work under the clinical supervision of a Petaluma Health Center physician and provide full spectrum family medicine with an emphasis on Patient Centered Medical Home and team based care.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide comprehensive primary care to clients of all ages in accordance with standardized procedures and protocols for PA’s
- Provide age-appropriate health education concerning various funding and payment information available in community including but not limited to Healthy Families, Medi-cal, CHDP, CMSP, Fam-pact, BCEDP for patients who are low income and/or medically underserved or medically underinsured
- Participates in MAA coordination and claims Administration, including but not limited to completion of the annual time survey
- Accurately documents all encounters and services provided to PHC patients, including medical history, physician examinations for presenting problems, immunization and injections, specific laboratory test, radiological and other studies
- Provide patient follow-up and referrals as needed
- Provides sensitive, supportive and compassionate care to a culturally and economically diverse population
- Participate in quality improvement activities and meetings
- Participates in providing evening and weekend on-call coverage
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervising physician or Executive Director
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated clinical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sensitivity to the needs and situations of a multi-cultural population from a variety of income levels
- Working knowledge of insurance referral and authorizations protocols